“What should we not do for our video?” Video Answers. Episode 41.
When you have 25 plus years of video production, you’ve seen it all. There are basically two kinds of people:
- Those who want to make it easy on themselves and
- The other guys
It’s that latter groups that we’ll talk about in this episode of Video Answers.
Riders in the Sky have a saying, “That would be the easy way. But it wouldn’t be the cowboy way!” It seems that some people like their video production to be a challenge and think the easy way is for wimps.
So, to the tough guys, here’s the perfect formula for sleepless nights, ballooning budgets, extended deadlines, and uncomfortably long one-on-one conversations with your boss.
In other words, here’s 20 easy ways to make your video hard.
- Don’t Plan
- Make it up as you go
- Punt the strategy
- Skip the Creative Brief
- Make your audience “The World”
- Share at least 82 of your most important messages
- Always assume
- Cut corners
- Rush, Rush, Rush
- Be too busy to communicate
- Don’t budget
- Speculate on a delivery date
- Avoid Calls to Action like the plague
- Make your Call to Action a feeling
- Make sure everyone in your office has a say
- Don’t read the scripts, but approve them anyway
- Make changes frequently and often
- Don’t worry about tracking results
- Ditch the analytics and
- Steer clear of SEO
That’s it… Just a few of the easy ways you can make your video really hard.
Have questions about YOUR video? Let us know:
Visit our website comprehensivemedia.com/videoanswers!
Comprehensive Media is an video communications company that brings businesses perspective through ideas, messages and stories.