Because of its power to communicate, video is becoming one of the top ways for businesses to connect with their audience. Whether you are a large, small, local, or web-based business, videos offer aspects of communication that regular text and pictures just can’t.
On our website’s “Why Video” page, we talk about how video has the power to captivate, compel, and capture your audience. How, you ask?
- Online video delivers 10 times the response rate of static text and graphics. ~doubleclick
- People stay on websites 5.33 times longer with video. ~ DigiDay
- Online shoppers watched 40% more videos on retail websites in 2011. ~ Internet Retailer
- YouTube sees 4 billion video views globally every day. ~ YouTube
- Product videos make consumers 85% more likely to buy. ~ Internet Retailer
- The human brain absorbs 50% more information through moving pictures and sound than the next best medium. ~ Forrester Research
- People are 75% more likely to watch video than read print. ~ Forrester Research
- YouTube is ranked as the #2 search engine in the world. ~ YouTube
- Buyers are 98% more likely to watch a presentation on video than to listen to a sales rep. ~ Forrester Research
- 85% of people choose to watch a video about a company online rather than read the rest of the website. ~ Forrester Research
The facts and statistics don’t lie- your company SHOULD be using videos. Now, should vs. actually doing is a whole different story. We’re curious to know, HOW businesses are using videos. Is it for:
- Client Testimonials?
- Website Welcome?
- Sales? Demonstations?
- Company information?
- Description of services?
This list could go on- and we’ve probably missed a few of the many different uses of video for businesses.